For those of you that have leftover zucchini in your gardens, here is a delicious and easy to prepare zucchini muffin.
- 2 tbsp. ground flax or chia seeds
- 6 Tbsp. warm water
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan or guar gum
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup avocado or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw agave syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl prepare egg substitute by combining flax and water. Stir and set aside until thickened.
- In a measuring cup, add rice milk and apple cider vinegar. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add flax egg, milk, oil, agave and vanilla.
- Whisk all ingredients together then add in zucchini and walnuts, if using.
- Pour into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 25 min.