White bean varieties include cannellini, Great Northern, and navy beans, however their nutritional profiles are all quite similar. Along with protein, beans have a high amount of fiber (usually 10-11g per 1/2 cup serving) that helps lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels.
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large seedless cucumber , chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cups lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
Mince garlic and mash to a paste with a pinch of salt using a large heavy knife.
Whisk together garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined well.
Gently toss beans, cucumber, tomatoes with half of dressing.
Serve over lettuce leaves or quinoa and drizzle remaining dressing over top.