These cookies were submitted by Debra Rowley.
2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
2 cups brown rice flour
1 cup coconut sugar
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
4 tablespoons ground flax
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 cup melted coconut oil (melted)
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1/2 cup coconut milk
4 tablespoons black-strap molasses
2 tablespoons aqua faba*
4 tablespoons agave syrup
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins (if desired)
• Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
• In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, sugar, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, one half of the ground flax, cinnamon baking soda, salt and xanthan gum.
• Note: (we use unsulfured coconut and chop until fine; as well we also chop the sesame seeds and the pumpkin seeds slightly for a more even texture).
• In medium bowl combine the oil, coconut milk, molasses and agave syrup, plus the other 2 tablespoons of the ground flax.
• Add the molasses mixture to the ingredients (up to 4 tablespoons).
• Fold in chocolate chips and raisins (is using).
• We use a small ice cream scoop to gather enough dough to form into balls. Press to flatten slightly before placing on cookie sheet.
• Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges start to turn darker and cracks form on the tops of the cookies.
• Allow to cool slightly on cookie sheet (or they will come apart) before transferring to wire rack for the remainder of the cooling time.
*AquaFaba (Bean Liquid)
Aqua faba is used as an egg replace in gluten free baking. Use reserved liquid from canned or home cooked beans.
Adapted from “Made with Love,” by Kelly Childs and Erinn Weatherbie