- 1 cup mixed beans (kidney, black beans, chickpeas etc.)
- 6 cups water or broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped leeks — well rinsed
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (celery, broccoli, cabbage etc.)
- 8 mushrooms — sliced
- 4 cloves garlic — minced
- 2 carrots — peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped sweet potatoes
- 3 cups mixed leafy green vegetables (kale, dandelion, Swiss chard, spinach, rapini etc.)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1.Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the leeks, vegetables, mushrooms, and garlic.
2.Saute for about 7 minutes.
3.Add the beans, water or broth and remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4.Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.