A quick and easy summer dish full of Omega 3 Healthy Fats
- 4 wild salmon fillets (rich in omega 3’s)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2-3 ripe tomato, diced, seeded (rich in lycopene)
- 3 tbsp. finely minced onion
- 1-2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. coarsely chopped pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seed oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
Rub salmon with 1 tbsp. lemon juice and a little salt and pepper.
Broil or grill salmon. (10 minutes for every inch of thickness). Test with a fork for doneness. It will flake easily when it is cooked. Salmon is best when it is still slightly pink in the middle.
Combine all salsa ingredients and spoon over cooked salmon. Garnish with fresh mint and a sprinkle of extra virgin olive oil or more pumpkin seed oil.