- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced thin (save 1 Tbsp chopped green tops to use for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
1. Season salmon with a little salt and white pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp broth in 10-12 inch non-stick skillet. Saute fennel bulb in broth over medium heat for 1 minute stirring constantly.
3. Add ½ cup broth, lemon juice, pinch salt and pepper, and place salmon on top.
4. Reduce heat to low and cover.
5. Cook for about 5 minutes. Do not over cook fennel, or it will lose its flavor.
6. Sprinkle with chopped green fennel tops. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.