Beets have been shown to provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification properties.
- 1 pound beets, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound celery root (celeriac), peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 leek (white and pale green parts only), cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
Preheat to 400°F.
Combine all remaining ingredients except garlic in very large bowl; toss to
coat. Season generously with salt and pepper. Place vegetables on large
Roast 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic cloves and continue to
roast until all vegetables are tender turning vegetables occasionally, about
30 to 45 minutes longer.
Transfer roasted vegetables to large bowl and serve.