- 2 cups fresh green beans cut into 1“ lengths
- 1 15 oz can lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can kidney beans*, drained and rinsed
- 2 TBS minced onion
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 large ripe fresh tomato, seeds and excess pulp removed, diced
- 2 TBS chopped fresh basil
- 1 TBS chopped fresh oregano
- 1 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- 3 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1.Bring lightly salted water to a boil.
2.Cook green beans in lightly salted boiling water for just about 3-5 minutes, or until tender. Drain well in colander. Dry with paper towels so they don’t dilute flavor with excess water.
3.Drain and rinse canned beans. Let beans sit in colander for another couple of minutes to drain excess water.
4.Mix all ingredients together. If you have the time, let it marinate for at least 15 minutes.