This hummus dip is not only similar to the traditional hummus made with chickpeas, but also much easier to digest.
- 3/4 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame butter)
- 1-2 roasted garlic cloves (see below)
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper (page 37)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp. minced parsley
Place lentils in a pot and cover with 2 cups water. Boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently until tender (about 15 minutes). Once cooked remove from heat and cool. Drain away any excess water.
Combine cooled lentils, salt, tahini, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
Serve garnished with paprika and parsley.