The fun and enjoyment of making your own salt dough ornaments will provide holiday memories for a lifetime. So have fun, creating your own dough ornaments together!
- 4 Cups of Flour
- 1 Cup of Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups of Hot Water
- Holiday Cookie Cutters
- Decorations, Glitter, Paint, Beads, Etc.
Preheat oven to 325F.
1. Mix salt and flour.
2. Add in half the water, then gradually add the remaining water.
3. Knead until the dough is smooth, this can take up to 10 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough on baking paper and cut into your favourite shapes.
5. Use a straw to make a hole so you can hang the ornament.
6. Baking: Time varies based on thickness of ornament (approx 1 1/2 hours – or until dry)
7.Let cool before you begin decorating.