- 1 cup brown rice or spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup Sucanat sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 large egg or 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic oats
- 1/4 cup organic chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 ounce organic chocolate, chopped (for drizzling)
1. Preheat to 350°F.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl to blend.
4. Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in large bowl until smooth.
5. Beat in egg and vanilla.
6. Add flour mixture and oats and stir until blended.
7. Stir in chocolate and cranberries.
8. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, 2 inches apart.
9. Bake cookies, until edges are light brown, about 15 minutes.
10. Cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool completely.
11. Melt chocolate in top of double boiler until melted and smooth. Using small spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over cookies in zigzag pattern. Let stand until milk chocolate sets, about 1 hour.
Yields 12 cookies