It’s back to school time and there is a lot that needs to be done. Kids need to prepare, moms and dads need organize and somewhere in there we need to find the time to feed the family right.
Start the day off with this great protein smoothie that both the parents and the kids will like.
1/4 cup walnuts (or nut/seed of your choice)
2 fresh or frozen bananas
2 tbsp. RAW cocoa powder
1-2 tbsp. RAW agave syrup or honey
1 tbsp coconut Oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup Ice
- Hemp Milk: Excellent for memory function. Contains high Omega 6 and Omega 3s.
- Walnuts: Loaded in Omega 3s and mineral they are perfect for cognitive function.
- Banana: Potassium helps boost your brain power. B6 is needed to make neurotransmitters.
- Cacao Powder: Raw cacao has a higher antioxidant rating than blueberries, acai, and even goji berries!
- Raw Agave syrup— low glycemic index and doesn’t spike sugar levels in the body.
- Coconut oil: Considered one of the best fuels for healthy brain function. Studies have shown that coconut oil can provide a stable source of energy for the brain. The fat in coconut oil is excellent and used by the body in amazing ways.