Ahhhh, summertime—vacations, swimming, camping, family time, lazy days, and more. Getting active outdoors is one of the major perks of summertime – that is, until injuries, bug bites or sunburns get in the way. But with a well stocked first aid kit and a little bit of know-how, you can still make it a great summer.
Here are some helpful products that you can add to your first aid kit.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – If you have an itchy bite, dab a drop of vinegar on it. The vinegar can help reduce stinging and burning sensations. It can also act as a natural disinfectant.
- Witch Hazel – Applying witch hazel to the skin reduces inflammation, soothes the burning and irritation the bite causes, and can speed up healing.
- Homeopathic Apis – For the burning, stinging, redness and swelling of bee stings. Also a great remedy for hives.
- Homeopathic Cantharis – This remedy may be indicated if a bite or sting results in intensely burning, scalding pain. The area of inflammation is red, and blisters may develop.
- Homeopathic Histaminum- This remedy relieves symptoms of allergies, such as hay fever, hives or reactions to insect bites.
- Homeopathic Arsenicum album – for symptoms of food poisoning such as vomiting or diarrhea.
- Homeopathic Nux vomica – for over indulgence. Too much food and alcohol. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, headaches, and hangovers.
- Activated Charcoal Capsules -traditionally used to support healthy digestive function. It has the ability to attract and trap toxins that are typically present in the GI tract and carry them out of the body.
- Homeopathic Arnica – first remedy to consider for trauma and injuries, falls, bruises, sprains. Helps to relieve inflammation and pain, and promote healing.
- Homeopathic Hypericum-This remedy is known for injuries to nerve-rich body areas. Shooting pains or pains with numbness and tingling often are experienced when Hypericum is needed.
- Homeopathic Traumacare cream -effective relief formuscle and joint pains,inflammation and minor injuries such as sprains, sprains and bruising
- Homeopathic Arnica cream – soothing remedy used to reduce swelling and decrease pain
Sunburns / Too much Sun / Heatstroke
- Homeopathic Belladonna – for sudden, intense symptoms from overheating — including fever, red face, hot skin
- Homeopathic Cantharis – relieves pain following a burn, and sunburn and promotes healing
- Calendula Cream – promotes the healing of sunburns, cuts and scrapes. It can also be used for chapped hands and lips, cracked heels, chafing, and blisters
- Aloe Vera gel – eases discomfort, speeds healing, and moisturizes skin
- Homeopathic Rhus toxicodendron – The best remedy for all symptoms of Poison Ivy
Helios Essential 18 Remedy kit contains eighteen commonly used homeopathic remedies in a compact and easy to carry case. This collection of remedies in the 30c potency was specially selected to be a complete general introduction to using homeopathy in the home and while traveling. Great for people and pets!
The remedy booklet was written by a leading Canadian classical homeopath and contains guidance on safely treating a wide variety of common complaints with homeopathic remedies. Reduce your use of OTC medication naturally and without side effects.
The wide range of remedies cover a significant proportion of minor ailments and first aid situations making it ideal for newcomers as well as the more experienced user of homeopathy.
If you have further questions or more serious injuries than what is covered here, please contact a qualified practitioner for professional care.
*A traditional first aid kit should include these basic items: sterile dressing, adhesive tape, bandages, scissors, tweezers, safety pins, instant ice packs, disposable gloves, antiseptic wipes.
Have a great summer!!