This is a great afternoon snack full of nutrients and low in sugar for both kids and adults.
- 1/2 cup organic oats
- 1/2 cup dried fruits (raisins, cranberries, dates etc.)
- 1/2 cup nuts & seeds ( sunflower, sesame, pumpkin,flax etc.)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew etc.)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. flax oil
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg white
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
3.Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl, excluding the egg white.
4. When combined, add in egg white and pour mixture over oats.
5. Pour mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet and shape into a square and pre-cut into 10 bars.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before eating.